Customers often ask us if there is anything they need to do to prepare for this day and the answer is YES! Before having your garage door installed, there are actually several things you can do to be well prepared for the install. Completing this checklist will ensure that the technicians will be able to provide you with a smooth and fast install of your new garage door.
Here’s everything you need to do to get ready for a smooth and wonderful garage door installation experience with Hyper Doors:
- MOVE ALL ITEMS at least 3m back from the front & sides of the garage door opening. This allows plenty of space for the technicians while they work, as well as ensuring protection to your valuables.
- MOVE ALL BIKES & TOYS from the garage that would cause any safety issues to your technician.
- REMOVE ALL CARS FROM THE GARAGE AND DRIVEWAY before your Hyper Doors’ technician arrives.
- REMOVE ANY GARBAGE AND STORED ITEMS that are hanging from hooks in the garage that would inhibit a free and clear installation. The door will need to be tested and rolled up and down several times.
- SWEEP OUT DEBRIS. The cleaner and less cluttered, the safer and healthier the work environment is for the technician. This is a great excuse for a garage spring clean!
- REMOVE DECORATIONS. Remove any decorations that you may have around or hanging on your garage door that is being replaced. This includes Christmas lights, hanging plants, wreaths, etc.
- Finally, Stay Clear! Stay clear of the installer while they are working. Garage door removal and installation is dangerous and should only involve technicians.
This simple list will ensure that you are more than prepared for your garage door installation appointment.
We thank you so much for taking the time to read our blog!